At Monarch Shores, we understand that substance abuse comes in different forms, which is why individualized treatment programs are so important to a successful recovery from addiction. Why, might you ask? Think about this, if you’ve been struggling with alcoholism for the last ten years, it wouldn’t make sense to attend group counseling sessions with prescription drug addicts. It would be hard to find common ground with other clients who don’t have the same substance abuse experiences as you. This can make it more difficult overcome your addiction, but fortunately, you don’t have to worry about that with us.
We utilize individualized treatment programs at Monarch Shores to make sure that the care and attention you receive is relevant to your addiction history and your unique personality. While most addicts and alcoholics require many of the same types of treatment, there are still unique experiences and needs to address. That is why it’s important for us to get to know you as much as possible so that we can build the most effective treatment program goals for your form of substance abuse.
Individualized Treatment Programs for Alcohol Abuse
Alcoholism is one of the most common forms of substance abuse that people fight, but our staff is equipped to address this issue with you. This process can take a number of different twists and turns based on your individualized treatment program, but here is the typical treatment programs for alcohol abuse that each client experiences
- Onsite Detox: For people who have an extensive history of alcoholism, it’s important to go through our onsite alcohol detox program once they’ve settled in the center. This process will help to remove any lingering traces of alcohol from your body so that you’re not as tempted to drink while at the facility. Since withdrawal symptoms typically occur during detoxification, our medical staff closely monitors each client so that it can provide the proper aid and medicine to bring more comfort.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy(CBT): Our CBT sessions are a great way to help each of our clients identify, recognize, and avoid the thought process that led them to abuse alcohol in the first place. Our hope is that by being able to pinpoint behaviors and situations that fuel their substance abuse, we can successfully help clients identify ways to avoid compromising scenarios, manage their cravings, and develop better ways to cope and manage their daily lives.
- Behavioral Couples/Family Therapy: While not every client may have a spouse or significant other, we do find it important to include loved ones in the treatment process. Knowing how to solve personal issues with the people close to you can make sober living less stressful and can provide you with people who can hold you accountable.
These are just three common components of our individual treatment programs for alcohol abuse, but there are plenty of other aspects that you can add to your treatment. Other treatment options include physical fitness training, group counseling, and holistic therapies, all can help place you on the road to recovery.
Individualized Treatment Programs for Drug Addiction
While building a treatment plan for alcoholism can be fairly straightforward, the process for helping people with drug addictions can be slightly more complex. This is primarily due to the fact that drug abuse can come in so many different forms. A person who is addicted to cocaine doesn’t necessarily need or receive the same treatment as someone who is abusing heroin; fortunately, this is where our personalized drug treatment programs can really stand out. As part of our individualized treatment program, people struggling with drug abuse will participate in detox and therapy sessions at Monarch Shores.During this time, our staff will also focus on the following:
- Appropriate Recovery Timeline: A drug addiction can develop very easily, depending on the substance. In some cases, it only takes using the drug one time. In other occasions like prescription drugs, the patterns of abuse can be harder to recognize. Regardless of how you became addicted, however, it’s important that you stay in detox and rehab in general for an appropriate amount of time. We typically suggest 90 days in rehab, but we can make adjustments to fit your schedule as well.
- Behavioral Therapies: Like alcohol abuse, having any kind of addiction to drugs is likely to have altered your behavior, strained your relationships, and distorted your thought processes. That is why going through various forms of behavioral therapy individually and with loved ones is very important. You can use these sessions to piece your life together by fixing relationships with friends and family members, finding effective ways to resist abusing drugs, improving your problem-solving skills, and learning other coping mechanisms.
- Medication: During detox for drug addiction, the medical staff can offer certain medications to help ease withdrawal symptoms. Based on a client’s preferences and/or history of substance abuse, the staff will closely monitor this step. This is because there are some medications that could be addictive. It’s important to make sure the medical staff is not simply swapping one addictive drug for another. If this is something that worries you, you might want to consider a more holistic approach. Holistic approaches use more natural treatment methods, such as acupuncture.
In addition to these addiction treatment programs, there are other approaches that may be necessary for certain clients. We can add treatment options such as incorporating dual diagnosis treatment for people who suffer from addiction and mental health disorders, establishing physical fitness and training routines, and provide other options to an individual treatment program. Other treatments like faith-based therapy, SMART Recovery, and holistic therapies are all available to those who want to intergrate them into their individualized treatment plans.
Find Help Today
Whether you or a loved one is struggling with alcoholism or drug addiction, it’s important to know that help is available today. The overall goal of individualized treatment plans assigned to clients at Monarch Shores is to address and treat the root causes of drug or alcohol abuse. Our experienced staff is prepared and qualified to properly address different issues that any given client may have.
With the help of our residential inpatient and aftercare options, we provide clients with intensive addiction treatments that we develop to help them to achieve sobriety.
Monarch Shores strives to help people who are facing substance abuse, addiction, mental health disorders, or a combination of these conditions. It does this by providing compassionate care and evidence-based content that addresses health, treatment, and recovery.
Licensed medical professionals review material we publish on our site. The material is not a substitute for qualified medical diagnoses, treatment, or advice. It should not be used to replace the suggestions of your personal physician or other health care professionals.
Talk with one of our Treatment Specialists!
Call 24/7: 949-276-2886